Incentive Travel to the South of France
Travelling again internationally with one of our biggest clients to the South of France – Monaco and Nice was absolutely exhilarating. Our much-loved clients, friends who we have travelled with many times to explore, have an adventure and “kuier” together: a local word for enjoying each other’s company over a meal and a few drinks, so enjoyed stretching their flying wings again to be able to travel internationally.
Travelling with people who have earned the trip by qualifying is also very special as it’s really a celebration of excellence in their own lives, a recognition of that passion and hard work that they get to share with their significant other.
This trip was incredible on all fronts and really shows the Uwin Iwin team’s agility and expertise to deliver during these volatile times. Originally the trip was planned for Sorrento Italy a group of 160 people two hotels and many activities, venues and logistics. But just as Covid would have it, a final wave of infections in Italy had the government close out the destinations to South Africans. They kept telling the team that any day now, the restrictions would be eased up and all would be good, but what if it didn’t?
Time was running out on the planning window for plan B and this had a serious impact on the Visa application processes. The deadline came and we had to switch the programme to another destination, with a similar Mediterranean feel, so Nice & Monaco on the Côte d’Azur was activated.
A quick 5-day site inspection, followed by all the huge number of communications and changes to get to a final established programme, all compounded by guest communications of the new plans and eliciting 160 peoples cooperation in getting Schengen visa applications processed timeously, ramped up the usual high levels of planning stress to a new height.
We did it and client reviews supported an excellent satisfaction index.
Some of the fun we had along the way included:
- A spectacular luxury James Bond type speedboat trip from the Nice harbour to the magical Monaco, Royal yacht club pier where we visited the Casino square and Royal Palace, the famous F1 race track then back on the boats to a nearby harbour and the most sumptuous French restaurant favoured by movie stars and the super wealthy.
- Dinners at incredible locations rich in history and food that on every plate a masterpiece of Instagram worthy culinary delights were presented.
- A classic sports car rally with Porches, Ferrari’s Rolls Royce’s, Mustangs, Shelby Cobra’s and other beautiful wheels to self-drive the coastal alpine region, with magnificent views of the splendid Mediterranean.
- 5 star Luxury hotel accommodation steeped in history, art and style.
- Leisure days to shop, explore and browse the local food, antique and clothing markets stopping along the way for a coffee and croissant or glass of wine and French cheese.
- 5 optional tours curated for adventure, culture, perfumeries, wine estates and beach experiences
- Stylish finale Gala dinner at an exclusive Chateau gifted to the King of France in the 1800s.
Oh, it was sensational, and motivational and created memories that inspire continued winning results for the year ahead.
Uwin Iwin is a pan-African full-house incentive company that has studied the needs of companies in need of agency incentive solutions. We provide end-to-end performance incentive management solutions for companies who are looking to help their Employees and Sales Teams reach peak performance.
We look forward to the opportunity to form strategic partnerships with your company to get the right solution for your team.